Bagmo Blood Bank Software – Blood monitoring software for blood bank and donor management
To reduce the number of deaths due to the unavailability of blood in rural parts of India, Bagmo has designed a unique blood bank management system that will help reduce blood wastage. The Bagmo blood bank software assists blood banks in donor management along with managing their daily activities. Bagmo blood bank software comes with a temperature sensor unit (bagmo device) that will continuously monitor the temperature of individual blood bags during storage and transportation. This makes it possible for the mother blood bank to take back unused blood bags from the blood storage centers. Thus, reducing wastage and increasing blood availability. Let us read below to understand better how Bagmo blood bank software is the need of every blood bank.
Blood bank and Blood Storage Center(BSC). Are they the same?
The answer is NO. A blood bank is different from a blood storage center.
- Considering the hierarchy, a BSC comes under a blood bank. A blood bank is a center where an eligible donor donates blood, and the staff test the donated blood and store it for use. A BSC stores blood bags issued from its mother blanks.
- While a blood bank is mostly a part of hospitals, a BSC functions separately and depends on the mother blood bank for the blood bag stocks. A BSC makes quality blood available in rural parts of the country, in case of an emergency.
Blood bank operations without Blood Bank Software
- When a donor arrives at a blood bank to donate blood, the staff starts the registration process. After the registration, the donor must answer a pre-set questionnaire to confirm his eligibility for blood donation. If eligible, the donor can donate blood.
- After blood collection, the staff stores the blood bag in the quarantine refrigerator at the blood bank. Then they take the donated blood samples for test. If any test is positive, they will discard the blood bag and inform the donor. If all the tests are a pass, then the blood bag is moved to the respective blood bank refrigerator.
- There is a breach alarm attached to every BBR that will go off in the event of a temperature breach.
- Upon request from patients, the staff will cross-match blood bags based on FIFO (First IN First OUT) and set them apart in the cross-match BBR. Blood banks also supply blood to nearby blood storage centers to increase the availability of blood. In this case, they will give out the blood bags in LIFO (Last IN First OUT) order.
- The staff will continuously check the expiry of each blood bag and will discard the expired bags immediately.
Though it looks simple, the operations of a blood bank are very complex. The staff needs to record every information manually in all the registers. These include
- donor registration
- the eligibility checklist
- the blood donation details
- blood test information
- blood bag location and temperature at every stage
- patient information
- cross-match details
- transfusion reaction information
- details of blood bags given to patients and blood storage centers
- number of blood units received, units used, and the number of units discarded each day
Based on the entries in the numerous registers, the staff needs to prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports.
It becomes tedious to retrieve any information by checking the whole set of registers. Because of the manual procedures and difficulty of maintaining so many records, the entire task becomes cumbersome, and chances of missing out on details increase that causes unintentional human errors.
Bagmo blood bank software : A Blood Bank Management System with a temperature sensor
The Bagmo blood bank and donor management system reduces the enormous manual effort required at blood banks. It provides a digital interface for the day-to-day activities of the blood bank.
- The staff can do the registration of donor and donor counseling using the blood bank software. Also, it will notify them if the donor has donated blood in the past three months.
- It becomes easier to track the blood bags with the software. The staff can scan every blood bag using a sensor device attached to each BBR while taking a blood bag out or placing it inside.
- All the test details associated with the blood bag can be easily updated and viewed using the Bagmo software.
- The integration of the blood bank software with RFID technology and temperature sensors will increase the transparency regarding the location and temperature of the blood bags.
- The Bagmo software sends mobile and email alerts in any case of a breach in the temperature of a blood bag.
- The blood bank software effectively tracks the expiry of blood bags which may otherwise go unnoticed.
- Another advantage of using Bagmo for blood bank operations is that it manages the daily stock more effectively than done manually.
- The software automatically generates error-free reports saving the time and efforts of the staff.
- By cloud computing, the medical officer will be able to monitor the blood bank operations remotely.
- Since all the information is saved digitally, by entering the blood bag number, the software shows all the data associated with the blood bag from donor to patient, thus providing vein-to-vein information.
Look what makes us exceptional!
- The Bagmo software saves the complete history of each blood bag. The storage location and storage temperature information helps the mother blood banks take the unused blood bags back from the blood storage centers. Thus, we can reduce wastage.
- Donor management is another feature that would help the blood banks to track the donor and blood donation time gap.
- Moreover, it brings more accountability in the processes as it will be easy to track the work done by the staff members.
- The software suggests the blood bags in FIFO order for cross-match once a request arrives.
- The Bagmo software readily works in integration with other software in hospitals like the HIS.
Hence, we can see how Bagmo blood bank software is a boon for the blood banks as it helps in a more organized and smooth operation.